Friday, March 15, 2024

Twenty Years Since Christina Nicole Slack Earned Her Angel Wings

It has been 20 years since I held you. Cuddled with you. Covered you in hugs and kisses. It has been 20 years since you lite up a room with your bright eyes and sweet smile. There isn't a day that goes by that I wonder what you would be today as a beautiful young lady with the world at your fingertips. Would you be driving your brother crazy with your choices of men in your life? I am pretty sure you would be giving me mini heart attacks every single day. What I wouldn't give to be able to hold you, hug you, kiss you, hear your laughter, and to talk to you as a young adult of today. I often imagine what you would look like today. Would you still have the red hair? Would it be long and wavy or short and curly? My heart will never be whole until we are together again. There is a poem I read earlier that speaks volumes.

If Roses Grow In Heaven
If roses grow in Heaven Lord,
please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my daugther's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her that I love and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek,
and hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday,
but there's an ache within my heart
what will never go away.
I remember the Valentine's photo of you In Memory of Christina Nicole Slack and Brian Guthrie. In the photo you are holding yellow rose. This was of course a month before you earned your wings.


This is the last picture of you
In Memory of Christina Nicole Slack and Brian Guthrie exactly 20 years ago to the day. You earned your angel wings roughly 2 hours after this picture was taken.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandparents

 Tracy and I are going to be grandparents in 2025.  Whitney (daughter) and Trey (son-in-law) are expecting their first May 2025.  We current...