Saturday, August 14, 2021

Reflections

 This is Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Awareness month.  I have been sharing facts yearly for the past 17 years.  My family have held candlelighting events, car washes, and even the What a $1 can do campaign.  I share memories, photos, videos, etc.  of my darling angel all the time.  She is still a large part of my family's life even though she isn't with us physically she is with us spirtually.

What I don't understand is why I don't see anything from her father's side.  I never see any memories shared.  Favorite photoes shared.  Nor do I see any in honor of or in memory of posts on social media.  They all have social media accounts even websites but there is no mention of her.  It is almost like she didn't exist.  I know there are families who will close the door on their grief as if it is an option to put it "out of sight out mind" kinda of thing.  

I, for one, vowed I would not let her disappear into the sunset.  I would talk about her.  I would share my fondest memories of, which by the way are all my memories of her.  


Here is one of my favorite photos of her and her big brother, Brian.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandparents

 Tracy and I are going to be grandparents in 2025.  Whitney (daughter) and Trey (son-in-law) are expecting their first May 2025.  We current...