Today, I was told I was being childish for speaking about my feelings on facebook. Below is what I posted.
Talk about slap in the face. You spend over a decade of your life being there for someone only to have them move that relationship to a one sentence message or a three word message every so often. It is hurtful and painful to know you no longer rate as important to them any longer but the person who turned their backs on them before they could even walk much less understand what was happening. They are now the person they wish to have in their life instead of the person who was there for them, never walked out on them, who has always wanted the best out of life for them. I don't deserve to be treated as such nor will I be treated as such. I will hold my head high. I will always know I am and will always be the best mother any of my children will ever have.
I have always been told not to bottle things up inside because eventually it could end with a mental breakdown. This is what I posted as a follow up post after I locked down the post as it got heated in the comments.
Do not bottle up your emotions. Vent, write, yell, no matter how unpopular they may be. If what you are feeling makes a person pissed or angry then they must be guilty or feel guilty about something. There is nothing childish about expressing your feelings no matter what media you use. Do not allow anyone to make your feel it is a bad thing to express what you are feeling. Remember they are your feelings, what you are feeling, not what others believe your should be feeling nor whether or not they feel you are "faking" what you are feeling. Remember what you are feeling is real to you regardless of what others may think or feel.
As I stated above in my follow up post. Your feelings are your feelings don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. You don't have to change how you feel because they feel you are "faking" your feelings. Remember they are how you feel not how anyone else feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment