Monday, February 15, 2021

Conversations

I was not given the benefit of a doubt as to how I would react to one of my children deciding to get married.  I will put what I would  have asked when having the conversation with either of my children.


(1) Are you sure you are ready for this life long commitment? Especially at a young age?

I was married the first time when I was 23.  I felt I was ready considering we were in a relationship for 5 years before we said I do.

(2)  If children are involved:  are you ready to be a father or mother overnight to children who are not your own?

I was a single mother when I married all three times.  (1) First marriage (23) my husband was with me from the moment I found out I was pregnant with Brian so he had time to prepare to be a father.  (2)  Second marriage (29) my husband became a father over night since Brian was already 8 years old when we married.  (3) Third marriage (38), my husband and I had already been parents for over 28 years between us so we knew what parenting was like.  

I was a product of divorcees and so wasn't Tracy so we both knew what it would be like to deal with the exs especially raising children.

(3) If you can answer the above questions honestly without any hesitation or doubts then go forth and be happy. However, if there is any hesitation or doubts then wait so you can work out the hesitation and doubts before heading to the altar.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandparents

 Tracy and I are going to be grandparents in 2025.  Whitney (daughter) and Trey (son-in-law) are expecting their first May 2025.  We current...