Thursday, March 28, 2024

Top Ten Things To Avoid in a Marriage

Through some reflection of my past relationships/marriages and internet scrolling.  I found these 10 things to avoid in a marriage and I agree with them 100%.


1) Lack of respect for your spouse.

2) Not listening to your spouse.

3) Little or no physical intimacy.

4) Always having to be right.

5) Not walking to talk.

6) Hurtful teasing.

7) Dishonesty.

8) Nasty habits.

9) Being selfish or greedy.

10) Having temper tantrums.


I know Tracy and I are guilty of a couple of these but we have managed to work things out.  We are still going strong after 12 years of marriage. We have outlasted our previous marriages.  

From Goldberg Jones October 2023:  

DIVORCE STATISTICS: FROM THE INTERESTING TO THE SURPRISING


In reality, with each subsequent marriage, the chances of divorce greatly increase. The numbers break down like this:

  • 41% of first marriages end in divorce.
  • 60% of second marriages end in divorce.
  • 73% of third marriages end in divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandparents

 Tracy and I are going to be grandparents in 2025.  Whitney (daughter) and Trey (son-in-law) are expecting their first May 2025.  We current...