I will never understand nor will I try to understand how a mother just walks away from their child. I will, however, thank the bio mother for bringing her daughter into the world. If not for her, I would never have been the "chosen" one by such a wonderful young lady. People make poor decisions in life and often those decisions hurt others in the process. Many times it is hard to recitify the damage it has caused. I will never fault someone for bettering themselves. It takes courage to admit you were wrong in the choices you have made in life and the lifestyle you have chosen. I suppose you have to hit rock bottom and be on the verge of losing everything family, friends and even your own life to realize you need to change those ways and ask for help.
I tried for years to foster the mother-daugher relationship with Whitney and her biological mother, April. It always appeared April would be involved with Whitney when it benefited her. I extended the olive branch on several occasions. She was invited to our house for her Fifth Grade Graduation as well as Thanksgiving. She was even at the house after Christmas one year so Amber could see Whitney. Occasions like this were few and far in between. I only wanted the best for Whitney and what made her happy. All I can say is don't turn your back on her yet again. Whitney deserves to be happy and to have all the love in the world.
Whitney chose me to be her mom, in the eyes of the legal system. She petitioned the court for this to happen. I have the honor of being mom on the birth certificate by Whitney's desire. April will always have the honor of bringing her into this world. For this I will always be grateful.
Yes, I "stole" this picture.
Whitney and April (Bio Mom) (October 2020)


No comments:
Post a Comment