How does one overcome frustrations with life? Who knows? It has been almost a year since our daughter moved out. We have only heard from her a short message here or there of "love you, mom or dad." We only get updates from family or friends she seems to talk to more than us. By all appearances she now seems to value a family which was not there for her over the family who was. She doesn't seem to understand what this is doing to her dad. He claims it doesn't bother him but I know better. I hope one day before it is too late she will realize what her dad means to her. As for me, I can only hope one day she will come to realize even though I am not her biological mother. I have done, loved and still do love her more than her biological did or ever will. I am sorry in my honest opinion as a mother of two. A person can never ever make up for 20 years of neglect and abandonment no matter how many years, therapy, rehab, repentance, or church services one goes through. I took a very low self-esteem and motherly loved starved young girl and turned her into a very educated, high self-esteem and very loved young lady in the short 10 years of being her mother. I was and still am honored to have her choose me to be her mother in the eyes of the law. I may not be her biological mother but I am her mother by all rights in the eyes of family and the law of this nation. No matter what is said or done towards me nothing will change my feelings for her. Many will probably feel this is "airing dirty laundry" so be it. These are my feelings and how I see things. Believe what you will.
Saturday, January 9, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grandparents
Tracy and I are going to be grandparents in 2025. Whitney (daughter) and Trey (son-in-law) are expecting their first May 2025. We current...
-
August 4, 2021 Affairs , Couples Therapy in NYC Infidelity in a relationship is never easy to deal with. It is a destructive force and many...
-
This is Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Awareness month. I have been sharing facts yearly for the past 17 years. My family have held candl...
-
Today, I was told I was being childish for speaking about my feelings on facebook. Below is what I posted. Talk about slap in the face....
No comments:
Post a Comment